Text Entry Field for Submission

Jan 28, 2019

Hi there,

I'm totally new to the Articulate product suite and have been playing around with Rise trying to recreate an online course that we've custom built. The main reason is to create a course that can be exported into a SCORM compliant format. Many of the exercises in this course require a user to enter text into a text entry field and submit it. These are not answers per se, rather they are custom entries that will be different entries for every user. I don't see a mechanism to create this type of functionality using Rise. How would you suggest going about doing this? Secondly, if this text entry is to be saved and recorded for a user to see again elsewhere in the course, is this also possible and if so, how could this be achieved?

Thanks,
Mike

9 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Michael,

Right now, there isn’t a way to do that in Rise. However, if you haven't already, I'd recommend you check out our other authoring tool, Storyline 360 which does have that capability.

If you're set on using Rise and would like us to consider adding that feature in the future, please log a feature request and tell us more about your specific needs.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

Daniel Stamp

Hi. I've just raised the very same question. Would love it if my Rise 360 course allowed for my users to write reflective comments directly into the  course using an open text box feature. 

If had a go at creating a text box in Storyline 360 and have imported it into my Rise 360 course but it looks terrible compared to the rest of the Rise 360 content.

If I log a feature request, whats the certainty on the feature being created?  This functionality will really help make the decision for me to use Articulate Rise 360 as my online platform for my courses/programmes.