Transcript for audio in Rise

Jan 27, 2021

Hi - I've got a lot to share in my course but want to use just the main text points in my blocks - and expand on the details in an audio file underneath the block. so, learners would need to read AND listen to get all the information.

I would need to make a transcript available of the audio for accessibility for anyone with hearing impairment, or simply if someone is watching in a noisy environment. How can I make an audio file transcript available next to the block without embedding a word doc in an accessibility section [this is my only workaround idea]?

8 Replies
Eric Sommer

It seems we should have a way to add a transcript wherever we have the ability to add a video or audio. I just asked a question a day or so ago but no response, yet. 

I have short videos in a timeline. I am attaching an image. 

Is there a code that allows for the addition of an accordion in the timeline?

Any help is appreciated!

mandy king

Hi- I also have Camtasia and you can try adding the transcript to your video in that before bringing into RISE [or a similar video editor] or maybe you can make a one-slider Storyline Block for your RISE using just the video and you can add the accessibility transcript during the Storyline build. 

Aaron Rose

Having the same problem need an audio clip, need to add a transcript (to meet the AODA accessibility legal requirements), but also need to keep learner from advancing until all blocks are complete which means they end up having to open the accordion if they listened to the audio. But if they read the transcript, they still have to play the audio to the end to advance. Such limited functionality with Rise at times. It seems to me any learning professionals creating this software should be able to anticipate these types of requirements and design software to meet the needs of the user.