Transfer of Rise courses between accounts?

Dec 19, 2017

Hi there,

Is there any possibility of tranfering content created on one account to another one so that sb else can edti them?

27 Replies
Marcin Czyżuk

The point is, I (actually my new team member) have a new account since
the end of november (joanna.buczynska@wsb.torun.pl). I have the old one
that I have been using for the last year and it expires soon
(marcin.czyzuk@wsb.bydgoszcz.pl). I am not goint any longer  use Rise
myself, that's why I have hired a new member in me team. However I
wouldn't like to lose the work I have done. What is more, some of  those
that I created need to be updated sometimes. If my account expires my
employee fill face the need of creating those courses once again if
there is any change needed to be done.

Can you move all courses from one to the other account?

Matt Bradshaw

In addition, since this issue was created you can now transfer ownership of a course.  Once you have shared a course with a team member, you are able to transfer the ownership within the same Share -> Collaborators configuration pane.

Just hover over just left of where you are listed as the owner and you will see the Transfer option.

Crystal Horn

Hi!  Just to update on Lee's issue: When sending a copy of a course, you'll want to send it to an active end user.  This means that the person receiving the course will either have an individual subscription or be a seat-holder on a 360 team subscription.  Team administrators who don't occupy a seat won't be able to collaborate on projects.

Let us know if you have any questions!

David Tappenden

On the back of this, lets say we have one person that has access to all the Rise courses. If they leave the business, is there a way to transfer all those courses into a new account? (or transfer the licence to a new person joining the business)

Or would the person that leaves the business need to collaborate each individual course, one by one? (or is there a bulk way to do this?)

Many thanks!

Tom Bailey

Hi! We have a team member who is leaving and in the process of transferring all of his Rise projects to my account. We've transferred the courses no problem, but one of them references a Storyline interaction (as a storyline block) that is sitting in his Review 360 area.

Once his account expires (next week), am I right to assume that this course will continue to work on our LMS (the SCORM package is hosted there), but that when they get to the interaction they might not see anything once his account expires?

If so, I guess I'll publish the interaction to my own Review 360 area, update the Storyline block in the course, and update the SCORM package on the LMS?

Many thanks 

Karl Muller

Hi Tom,

Once a Storyline block has been imported into in a Rise course, the copy that was used during the import process from Review 360 is no longer used by either Rise or the SCORM.

That being said, you should take over the source .story file from your colleague so that you can make changes in the future.