Transferring courses between accounts (e.g. from agency to client)

Dec 14, 2016

Hi,

Could I ask what provision there is in Rise to transfer a course (or set of courses) from our account (the agency) to various client accounts?

This would be a necessity at the end of every job.

Also - can I ask what you have on your road map for backups and roll-backs please? This is a very important area for serious commercial work.

Thanks,

Matt

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your questions! Currently the Rise course exists within the account of the original author, but we're working on a Collaborators feature that would allow you to share the course and work on it with another colleague. That feature is slated for Q1 '17. Once it's released it'll be available to you right away within Rise, and we'll post an update here within the ELH Community. You can also take a look at all of the recent Rise updates on the Version history page. 

In terms of the back ups and roll backs, can you share a bit more information about what you're looking for? If it's about any downtime or outages associated with the web based tools within Articulate 360, we store backups in a redundant way and test our recovery frequently to reduce the likelihood of data loss and minimize downtime in a large-scale disaster. This is fleshed out a bit more within our Trust center and we also keep a real time status of all Articulate's websites here: https://www.articulatestatus.com/ 

I hope that helps clarify, and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions! 

Matt Fletcher

Hi,

When i say backups a rollbacks I mean what if we delete or change a load of screens in a course and then realise we have done this in error or it needs to be reverted back to how it was. 

Can we revert the course back to how it was yesterday, or last week?

In terms of transferring courses between accounts - when you are an agency working for clients it's essential to be able to deliver 'source files' to the client at the end of the contract so that they 'own' and can make changes to the course source files after the end of the project.

So we really need a way to do that for Rise. (Understandably the client would need a 360 account).  But we need a way to transfer the primary ownership of the course to our client's accounts.

Hi Matt!

Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like you'd like to see a way to revert back to previous versions of a Rise course you'd created? That isn't a feature within Rise currently, although it's in discussion right now! No ETA on it as an option, but in the meantime, you may want to look at duplicating a course prior to removing Lesson elements and there is an undo button that appears immediately after you delete a lesson or a course. I had previously recorded a quick Peek video of this feature. 

The Collaboration feature will allow you to share, co-author, and edit a Rise course with another user, even if that individual is outside of your 360 Teams account. 

Hi Tom,

We're working on a "Collaborators" feature that will allow you to share and work on a Rise course with another 360 Teams member (in your team or another team), and that'll be ready sometime in Q1 - so soon! 

We're also working on a feature to "Transfer" course ownership from one user to another, and that would allow you to give a course to a client for example, even if you both only had Individual 360 accounts (vs. the Teams Account). That feature is on the roadmap, but I don't have an estimated time for release yet. 

We'll keep you posted once we've released the Collaborators feature, and as we get closer to the Transfer course feature - but our team is hard at work on it, and both of these came directly out of customer feedback here in ELH and the feature form! So keep the ideas coming, as your needs truly drive our roadmap! 

Ally Hutchins

Hi,

When transferring Rise course ownership from an agency to a client, what does the client have access to after the transfer has taken place?

For example, when collaborating internally within an agency, users can access block templates created in other courses within the team. If course ownership is transferred to a client, would they have access to block templates the agency develops for other courses, and potentially other clients?

Karl Muller

Hi Ally,

BLOCK TEMPLATES are not associated with a specific Rise course.

BLOCK TEMPLATES are accessible by the person that created them, and if the share box was checked, the templates are also available via the BLOCK TEMPLATE library to all others that are part of their organizational Articulate 360 Teams Account.