Trouble adding Tableau dashboard to Articulate Rise site

Dec 29, 2020

Hi all, 

I'm having trouble adding a Tableau dashboard (fill map of the US, with interactive tooltip) to my Articulate Rise site. I have the Tableau embedded code, but it doesn't translate into the image when added under the "Code Snippet" block. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! 

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Savannah! Thanks for sending the link! Unfortunately, it looks like Tableau content cannot be embedded in a frame in Rise 360. I also tried it in Storyline 360 with hopes that you could embed it as a Storyline block, but the dashboard didn't appear there either. It seems to be a restriction with Tableau's embedding policy. I'm sorry it didn't work! 

Instead of embedding it, could you add an image of the dashboard with the dashboard link below it? 

Gren Foronda

Hi Haritha (and Savannah)!

I was able to locate this Knowledgebase article from Tableau's website, which discusses how to embed Tableau content in iFrame:

Following the suggested steps to add showVizHome=no and embed=true to the URL, the above sample Tableau URL (Savannah's URL) would have the following iFrame Embed code:

<iframe src="https://public.tableau.com/views/HouseholdswithFirearmsintheUS2016/Dashboard1?:showVizHome=no&:embed=true"
width="645" height="955"></iframe> 

The above iFrame code now displays the Tableau content correctly in an Embed block in Rise, as shown in the screenshot below:

Tableau in Embed Block

I hope this helps! Let me know if this works or if you have additional questions! Have a lovely day!