Video Caption 'ON' by default in Rise

Feb 20, 2020

I have imported a single VTT file exported from Storyline into a video I have in Rise, other than embedding in the original source, is there an option in Rise to set the default to ON?

Many thanks.

43 Replies
Stuart Coombe

We'd love that to happen too - as all the essential information is displayed in our captions, and some users will simply not know to turn them on and phone us asking for the instructions we've carefully captioned (we use Rise to make self-installation videos for scientific instrumentation). Having an option to turn them ON - and in a specified language - by default would fix this. Can this feature be added to your features request list please? 

Marc Taylor

Please add mine too.

I work in an organisation with over 1M employees and we need to be as inclusive as possible.

Captions should be available as default to make employees and colleagues realise that they are valued as individuals and contributors to the company. 

I appreciate that your software is making strides in other ways but this should surely have been a standard consideration during development; a toggle switch which is editable to on/off by default.

Using closed captions as standard doesn't negatively impact a hearing user but for a hearing-impaired user it includes searching, clicking etc. to turn them on.

Chris McCormick

+1

Our company would appreciate the ability to set the default to ON or OFF (with a certain language, if multiple language CCs are inserted), as well as have either a) a setting for learners to make a global CC selection for the entire course, or at least b) have Rise remember and preserve their selection on the first video.