Why do learners see different fonts that what I have selected.

Apr 25, 2023

Hi, I've created a couple courses in Rise and I've tried to use different san serif fonts, but when some other learners in our company view it - they see a serif font? I've even used our company font - and still looks different for some. What is the most universal san serif font I should be using? 

5 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Denise! Thanks for reaching out.

Is this a custom font you uploaded to Rise? Did you follow the steps listed in this article on how to Upload Fonts to Rise 360?

If the issue persists, you can have our support engineers take a closer look by opening a support case here. You may also share a screenshot or recording of what you are seeing as well as the installer files for the custom fonts (if possible) for testing.

Kristi Riley

I'm having the same issue. Maybe. I've selected Poppins, and it appears correctly as I'm viewing, but in 360 Review, when people comment, the screenshot of the course shows text that looks maybe like Cormorant, or Monserrat? Oddly enough, when I comment, while I'm seeing Poppins, the screenshot ALSO looks like the not-Poppins font. I'm trying to make this make sense. LOL. Anyway, my point, is that maybe it is appearing correctly for users, but Review 360 screenshots are somehow snapping the screenshots in a default font??

Angelo Cruz

Hi Kristi! Thanks for reaching out.

I understand you are seeing a different font for your Rise 360 course when viewing it in Review 360. I tried changing the font for one of my courses to Poppins and published it to Review 360. It appears that the font style was retained in Review 360.

Here's the course in Review 360 for your reference. And here's a side-by-side screenshot of the course preview and the one in Review 360.