Have you ever finished creating a course, looked at it, and thought to yourself, Wow … that’s a lot of text! If so, you’re not alone. It’s easy for courses to end up text-heavy, because written content is the easiest way for a lot of folks to communicate. But a text-heavy course can also make learners feel overwhelmed—and that’s not what anyone wants!

So what’s the best way to make your course feel lighter and more approachable? Add in some relevant imagery to break up your text content. Now, I know what you’re thinking: What if I don’t have the images I need to illustrate my content? No worries! Rise 360 is integrated with Content Library 360, so you’re never more than a click away from millions of course assets. And there are so many different ways you can use them in your course. Let’s take a closer look at a few creative ideas for adding imagery to your Rise 360 courses.

1. Replace Bullet Points with Illustrated Flashcards

Instead of inserting a bullet point block, why not use a flashcard block with images on the front side? In addition to making your course feel less text-heavy, it’ll encourage learners to actively engage with your content.

2. Add a Quote with a Background Image

Quotes are a great way to drive home your key messages and inspire your learners. By adding a background image to your quote, you’ll draw attention to it and break up the monotony in a lesson with a lot of text.

3. Illustrate Your Knowledge Checks and Quiz Questions

Quizzes don’t have to be text-only! Add some visual interest to your knowledge check or quiz question by adding an image or illustration.

4. Make Key Points Stand Out by Adding a Background Image

If you want to make sure your learners don’t overlook a key point, why not add some emphasis by pulling the message out from a paragraph and adding a background image? It’s a surefire way to catch your learner’s attention.

5. Replace Bullet Points with a Labeled Graphic

If you’re looking for a more creative way to present your bullet points, try searching Content Library 360 for an image that illustrates your content, like in the example above. You can then add markers to the appropriate spots on the image so learners can click for more information.

6. Break Up Content with Full-Width Images

If you have a lesson with a bunch of text blocks in a row, why not break it up with some full-width images? These images will serve not only as dividers but will make your course look nicer and feel less dense.

7. Add Images to Your Interactive Blocks

If you’re using interactive blocks like processes, timelines, accordions, or tabs, for example, think about adding an image to each section to round out your content.

Wrap-Up

These ideas are only the tip of the iceberg! There are many other ways to incorporate visuals into your Rise 360 courses. And to help you find the images you want in Content Library 360, check out this article.

Want to try out what you learned here in Rise 360, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial. And subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest product updates, e-learning examples, and expert advice directly in your inbox. 

40 Comments
Eddie Stevens