What Can You Do with Pantone’s Color of the Year? #63
Pantone Color of the Year #63: Challenge | Recap
It’s official! Pantone just announced its 2015 color of the year! That means e-learning designers from around the world will be working this “stirring and flavorful shade” in their demos, courses, and templates.
Challenge of the week
This week your challenge is to design an e-learning template or interaction using Marsala as the primary color.
Your slides can be static or built out as working interactions. Your goal is to work from a single color and show how you will carry that color across your design templates.
Color Tints & Hues
One easy way to work with the color is to create tints and or shades to use for secondary colors. Here’s a quick guide to Marsala’s tints and shades created with the color toner generator I created last year.
Looking for some color combinations? Try using one of Pantone’s recommended pairings.
If you’re looking for ideas, consider re-designing one of the templates from our downloads section. Since the templates are already built, you’re free to focus your creativity on the colors.
Here are some good blog articles on setting up templates:
- Here’s How to Build an E-Learning Template That Will Rock Your World
- Inspiring Designs to Keep Your E-Learning Courses Looking Fresh
- How to Create an E-Learning Template That Works
Last year’s Pantone color challenge:
Share your e-learning work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Twitter: If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
- Facebook: Share your work on our Facebook page by replying to this Facebook post with a link to your example.
Last week’s e-learning challenge:
E-Learning Recap: Challenge | Recap
Wishing you a coloriffic week, E-Learning Heroes!
New to the e-learning challenges?
The weekly challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.
If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.