Rise 360 is great for building quick, responsive e-learning courses; but did you know it’s also a solid tool for building job aids? Think about it: A job aid is a training resource that lets learners access information required to perform a task on the job. They’re typically things like checklists, flowcharts, and process guides. Rise 360 is perfect for this kind of content because you can quickly create content that can be accessed from any device, at any time, and at any place.

Here’s an example I recently worked on with a client. The customer is a construction company and every morning, on the job site, the foreman needs to complete a workplace hazard assessment checklist. They wondered: instead of using the old paper and clipboard, can we put this assessment checklist into a Rise 360 format accessible from the foreman’s mobile phone? Here’s what we came up with:

View Demo

As you can see, it all comes together neatly in Rise 360. The lessons walk the foreman through each item on the hazard assessment checklist, divided into subcategories. The user must individually check each item off the list in order to move on to the next section of the checklist.

If a hazard is spotted, the module contains a section that explains how to report it. The job aid also contains additional resources and follow-up contact information for the learners.

Don’t restrict yourself to only using Rise 360 to build full courses. You can also use it to create great training assets, such as job aids.

Here’s another example of a job aid created with Rise 360:

View Demo

I’d love to know creative ways community members are using Rise 360 within their organizations. Leave me a comment below and let me know!

Want to try something you learned here, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.

13 Comments
Patty Maher
Nicole Legault
Jaclyn McNabb-Langenwalter
Shelby Morris
Annette Williams