Storyline 3 has 20 types of graded and survey questions. They're form-based, which makes them quick and easy to assemble. (If you'd like more flexibility to create your own interactive questions, see Adding Freeform Questions.)
Here's how to insert a form-based question slide into your course:
- First, do any of the following to open the Insert Slide window:
- Press Ctrl+Q.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, and choose Graded Question or Survey Question.
- Go to the Slides tab on the ribbon and click Graded Question or Survey Question.
- In Story View, right-click anywhere in the workspace, scroll to New Slide, and choose Graded Question or Survey Question.
- In Slide View or Form View, right-click anywhere in the Scenes panel, scroll to New Slide, and choose Graded Question or Survey Question.
- When the Insert Slide window appears, choose a question slide.
- When you click a thumbnail image for a slide, the right side of the window shows a description of that question type. Click Insert Slide to add it to your project.
Tip: You can insert multiple questions at the same time by holding down the Ctrl key or the Shift key while clicking thumbnail images.
When you insert a question slide, it'll open in Form View. Type your question into the field at the top of the window and the answer choices below it.
For many graded question types, you must also indicate which answer is correct—just select the radio button or check box for the correct response(s).
After inserting a form-based question, you can customize several of its attributes, including shuffling of answer choices, feedback, branching, score, and number of attempts. To learn how, see Working with the Question Editor.
If your form-based questions have check boxes or radio buttons, you can format them to match your course design. See these user guides for details: