Need to combine projects or reuse slides from another Storyline course? It’s easy. Just import them into your current project.
You can import slides from Storyline 1, Storyline 2, Storyline 3, and Storyline 360 courses.
You can import individual slides, full scenes, or entire courses into Storyline. Here's how:
- Open the project you want to import slides into, and then do any of the following:
- Go to the File tab on the ribbon, scroll to Import, and click Storyline.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, scroll to Import, and choose Storyline.
- Go to the Slides tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, and choose Storyline.
- Browse to the Storyline file you want to import and click Open.
- If you opened the wrong Storyline file or want to select a different one, click the ellipsis button (...) in the upper right corner to browse for another file.
- Storyline will display thumbnail images for all slides in the project file, divided into scenes. Select the slides you want to import.
- By default, all slides will be imported unless you choose otherwise. You can tell which slides are selected by their blue outline.
- To select or deselect a slide, just click it. The blue outline will either appear or disappear to indicate its status.
- You can also click Select All or None in the upper right corner to quickly select or deselect all slides at once.
- To select or deselect an entire scene and all the slides it contains, click the scene name.
- To make navigation a little easier, you can also collapse and expand scenes by clicking the triangle to the left of each scene name. (Note that collapsing and expanding scenes doesn't impact whether they'll be imported or not.)
- Use the Insert into scene drop-down list at the bottom of the window to choose where the imported slides should appear in your course.
- The default option, Same as imported project, creates a new scene for each scene you import and names each scene with the same name it has in the original project.
- If you select New Scene, use the accompanying Scene field to give the new scene a name.
- To import the selected slides into the current scene, choose Current Scene.
- Click Import to complete the process.