How are Designers Using Emphasis Animations in E-Learning? #449

Using Emphasis Animation in E-Learning #449: Challenge | Recap

What moves, gets noticed. And if you've worked in Storyline 360 recently, you likely noticed some movement in the Animations tab on the ribbon.

Just like in PowerPoint, Storyline's new emphasis animation effects offer fresh ways to guide attention and highlight on-slide elements.

Emphasis Animations

You can apply them to pretty much anything – shapes, images, buttons, characters, markers, text boxes, even videos.

So whether you’re trying to grab your learner’s attention or prompt them to touch the screen, emphasis animations can help learners focus on what’s important. And that’s what this week’s challenge is all about.

🏆 Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to show how Storyline 360's new emphasis animations can be used in e-learning. Your example can be a simple button starter kit showcasing the new animation effects, or you can create a more complete or polished.

NOTE: Even without an active Articulate 360 subscription, you can participate in this week's challenge. For example, PowerPoint's emphasis animations give you similar functionality.

🧰 Resources

✨ Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
  • Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
  • Social media: If you share your demos on x or LinkedIn, try using #ElearningChallenge so your peeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

🙌 Last Week’s Challenge:

To help you build momentum for this week’s challenge, check out the growing list of tabs interactions your fellow challengers shared over the past week:

28 Ways to Use Tabs Interactions in E-Learning #448

Tabs Interactions in E-Learning RECAP #448: Challenge | Recap

👋 New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

📅 Next Week’s Challenge

• Challenge #450 (02.16): Using ThemesTemplates, & Slide Masters. Another basics challenge, only this week we're looking at under-the-hood features to help us work faster in Storyline 360 and PowerPoint. Rise 360 users can show their before-after examples using themes and block templates.

🚨 Contact Information

Just a quick heads up – if you want your blog, website, or LinkedIn included in our recap posts, could you do me a favor and add or update those links onto your ELH profile sometime this week?

I found some broken links last week when I pulled the recap together. You spend a lot of time building creative examples, and your work deserves all the attention it can get.

103 Comments
Ron Katz