Storyline 360 has a gallery of entrance, exit, and motion path animations that you can apply to pictures, shapes, captions, text, characters, and more.
In this user guide, we’ll cover:
- Adding Animations
- Adjusting the Speed of an Animation
- Renaming Motion Path Animations
- Choosing Effect and Path Options
- Copying Animations from One Object to Another
- Animating Grouped Objects and Answer Choices
Each object in your course can have one entrance animation, one exit animation, and multiple motion path animations.
Here’s how to add an animation to an object:
- Select the object and go to the Animations tab on the Storyline ribbon.
- Click the star icon for the type of animation you want to add (entrance, exit, or motion path).
- Choose an animation from the gallery.
- You can add animations to objects on your slides, layers, slide masters, feedback masters, and states.
- Some animations don't work when viewing HTML5 output in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Entrance and exit animations default to a duration of 0.75 seconds. Motion paths default to 2 seconds. But you can make them faster or slower.
Just enter a time in the Duration field for the animation. The duration can be as fast as 0.1 second or as slow as 59 seconds.
Storyline assigns names to motion path animations, but you can rename them. And it’s a good idea to rename them so you can identify them when you’re working with triggers.
- Go to the Animations tab on the ribbon. This reveals the motion path animations you’ve already added to the slide.
- Select the motion path you want to rename, then enter a new name for it in the Name field on the ribbon.
You can tweak the behavior of most animations by choosing Effect Options (for entrance and exit animations) or Path Options (for motion path animations).
Need to use the same animations on several objects? Save time by copying animations from one object to another with the Animation Painter.
- Select the object that has animations you want to copy.
- Go to the Animations tab on the ribbon and click Animation Painter.
- Click another object to apply the animations to it.
Tip: If you need to apply the same animations to multiple objects, click the Animation Painter twice to keep it turned on. When you're finished, click it again to turn it off or press the Esc key on your keyboard.
To individually animate the items in a grouped object or block of answer choices:
- Open the timeline.
- Click the triangle beside the grouped object or block of answer choices to expand it.
- Apply animations to each item separately.