New in Storyline 360: Integrated Review 360 Comments

Jul 18, 2023

When you need feedback on a course, Review 360 makes it easy to share your e-learning with stakeholders and collect their thoughts. It’s always been a handy timesaver—and integration with Storyline 360 will streamline your review processes even further!

With the new Comments panel, you can browse through feedback, reply to and resolve comments, and quickly update your course with suggestions from your reviewers—all right from Storyline 360. By reducing the need to bounce back and forth between apps, you can speed up your revision process and trim down course production times.

In App Comments

To access comments, first make sure you’ve published your course to Review 360. Then simply expand the Comments panel on the right side of your screen, just under the Triggers panel. To keep the process simple, this panel shows only the comments for the slide you’re viewing.

And if you also use Rise 360, you’ll be happy to hear this feature is available there as well. Head over to the related discussion for more details: New in Rise 360: Integrated Review 360 Comments.

If you’re an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can use this feature right now to speed up your course reviews. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to see how much time integrated reviews can save you, you can start a free 30-day trial.

We’re always looking for ideas for enhancing features. So once you’ve tried in-app comments, we’d love to hear what you think! Please share any feedback or suggestions in the comments below.

The Storyline 360 Team

Pinned Reply
Mike Swart

Based on your feedback, we made an improvement that we hope elevates your in-app comments experience. You can now easily address feedback on a specific course from various stakeholders. View comments for multiple Review 360 items right in Storyline 360 or Rise 360.

Let us know your thoughts about this enhancement. We'd love to hear from you!

82 Replies
Perry Cox

Thank you for this amazing new feature! Our team is super excited for it. There was one thing we noted that might make it even more useful. 

It would be great, if there was a way to notify us in app when and where a comment is coming in on. There are sometimes(thankfully not always) where we could have a project with easily 200 slides. It would be nice if say when you were in slide view, in the scene selector to the left, you could have a little dot or icon pop up next to slides that received comments. That way, while you were working, you could see which ones need attention. And to have a way to turn it off if you didn't want to see it.

I know you can see all comments from the Story view and that is super useful, but we feel for us, each has its own use and place.

Otherwise, this is phenomenal and is going to greatly improve our workflow.

Eric Santos

Hi Susan,

Thanks for trying out the latest version of Storyline 360! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the new integrated comments feature.

Kindly provide more details on what you're seeing so we can better help. If you're unable to access the comments, please check if you've published your course to Review 360 already. If the issue persists, I recommend these items:

Let me know how it goes; I'm happy to assist further as needed!

Mary-Scott Hunter

Hello Phil, 

Are you able to explain a little more what you mean by copying the unique identifier? Where do I find this?

I am also not able the see the comments within my file. In my situation, I had a published Review 360 link with comments already entered. I updated my version of SL. Saved my file as a new version of the file and re-published to the link where all the comments were saved. Maybe I missed this detail, but does this not work with comments that were made prior to updating to the latest SL version?

Lauren Connelly

Hi Mary-Scott!

The unique identifier should be the name of the course that you're publishing! 

Also, integrated comments are exclusive to Storyline 360 as of July 2023. You can open, edit, and publish projects with integrated comments in Storyline 3 and earlier versions of Storyline 360. However, in-app comments won't display.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Jessi!

Are you using the latest version of Storyline 360? We just released Storyline 360 Update 78 (Build 3.78.30680.0).

Also, when you say that you saved a new version, did you save a new copy of the .story file? If so, you might want to publish the course to Review 360 using the option to Publish a new version of an existing item.

Please let me know if I am off base!

Erin Vincent

Issues identified.

I published project A in review 360, the reviewer made comments I opened Project A to fix and the correct comments were displayed, I republished project A to review 360. 

I then opened project B (which also had review 360 comments) but when I opened project B, I saw comments associated with Project A. 

I tested this twice and had the same results.

Thanks,