Storyline 360 resume behaviour

May 16, 2017

Hi all

Has anyone experienced any quirks with Storyline 360 resume behaviour. I have a large course that I have published to SCORM 2004, when I exit the course and resume it, I am returned to the previous slide, i.e. the last slide I fully completed, rather than the slide I was on when I exited. I have enabled the option for the learner to either resume or not when they come back into the course.

I've tested this on my internal LMS and on SCORM Cloud, it's the same on both. 

Has anyone else experienced this or found a way to return to the last slide they were on when they exited the course?

Thanks

Paul

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Paul,

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. I hosted a sample file in SCORM Cloud, and I'm seeing the same behavior you're seeing when I published with SCORM 2004 HTML5/Flash Fallback. When I switched to Flash/HTML5 Fallback, the prompt to resume worked correctly. Here's a sample of both:

I'm going to take this to my team, and we'll determine next steps. As soon as I get more information, I'll let you know!

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry if it's been giving you headaches!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Paul! 

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how we fixed the issue where an HTML5 course wouldn't always resume as expected in an LMS.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

LaVon Bowman

Please help me. I am having the same issue. Articulate 360 published in Scorm 1.2 and Format is HTML5 with Flash fallback. When we close a course in the middle somewhere and then come back and restart the course the bookmarking is taking us back to the slide previous to the slide we left off from. Can you help with this. I have updated my Articulate version. It is current. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.