Triggers not working in Articulate 360

Mar 06, 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm using Articulate 360 - love it.

In one of the slides of a course a video is played on a separate layer. On that layer, I have hidden two buttons to simulate a quiz question. When the timeline reaches a certain point, the buttons become visible and the video pauses. The user selects a button, then a feedback layer appropriate to their answer appears. When they click 'continue' on the feedback layer, it takes them back to the video layer and triggers the hiding of the buttons (via a change of state trigger) and a resume video.

This all works nicely in preview within Articulate 360 and on Articulate 360 review, but when I publish as Scorm 2004 v4 and upload to our LMS, it doesn't work properly. What happens is that the when they go back to video, it doesn't resume and the buttons don't hide. The user can resume the video by clicking it but they can't hide the buttons.

Can anyone help?

18 Replies
Dave Lewis

Just ran across this thread as we are experiencing issues with an email trigger.   We have 3 triggers on the final slide; send email, exit course & restart course. The exit and restart work fine but the email trigger actually closes the course.  This was a module I just updated from SL2 to 360 and republished in our LMS (in scorm 1.2).  Just tested in SCORMCLOUD and the email trigger worked correctly. I even used the same brower (Chrome) for both LMS and SCORMCLOUD tests.  So, I'm assuming an LMS issue?  If so, can you give me more information about how the trigger works on the backend and/or what I should ask our LMS vendor so we can better identify the potential issue.

Thanks

Dave

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.