Storyline's slide transitions are a nice way to stylize your e-learning content. Storyline offers several choices for transitions and, if you want, you can even choose a different transition for each slide, or each layer within your slide.
Here's how to apply a transition:
- Go to a slide where you want to apply a transition. Make sure the base layer of the slide is selected in the Slide Layers panel if you want to apply the transition to the slide itself. To apply a transition to a layer within the slide, select the layer from the Slide Layers panel.
- Click the Animations tab.
- In the section of the toolbar called Transitions to This Slide, click on a choice or use the dropdown menu to choose the transition you'd like to apply to the current slide.
- Use the Speed dropdown to select a speed for the transition.
- To use the same transition elsewhere, click Apply To All. If you're on the base layer of a slide, this will apply the transition to the base layer of all other slides in your project, including slide masters. If you're on a slide layer, this will apply the transition to all other layers on the current slide. (Keep in mind that you can apply different transitions to different slide layers if you like.)
Can I apply transitions to slide masters?
Yes! Just click the View tab in Storyline and choose Slide Master or Feedback Master.
Go to the master slide layout to which you want to apply a transition. Then follow the same steps shown above. For
more on slide masters, see Using Slide Masters.
How does Storyline handle slide transitions that I import from PowerPoint?
When you import content from PowerPoint into Storyline, the following slide transitions are supported:
- All other slide transitions from PowerPoint will be converted to Fade
You might also want to explore:
Adding Entrance and Exit Animations to an Object
Using the Timeline