One of the things I love about Rise 360 is that it allows me to easily create beautiful, responsive e-learning courses fast. For example, if I want to give my learners the opportunity to try making decisions in a realistic situation, I can quickly do that using the scenario block. 

But did you know that using the scenario block isn’t the only way to let learners try their hand at applying content in a real-life situation?  You can also stack, arrange, and get creative with a variety of other block types to create truly unique scenarios. Let’s take a look at two Rise 360 examples that do just that. 

Branching Scenario

The art of negotiation can you talk your way into higher pay

One surefire way to increase engagement is to build scenarios that help learners apply the content in real life. This negotiation course by Trina Rimmer does exactly that. Using a variety of different block types, it walks the learner through how to tactfully negotiate a job offer. The course begins with a video block that explains the job offer as if the learner (aka potential employee) was on a call with the interviewer. 

Below the video is a knowledge check block where the learner decides how to respond to the offer. 

Once the learner makes a decision, they get personalized feedback. This provides a safe space for them to reflect and see the consequences of their choices in a low-pressure environment. 

The scenario continues with a follow-up, which includes the button stack block. 

The learner is presented with two options that bring them to a different part of the course depending on their answer. 

This example showcases a variety of different block types that were used to make custom scenario building easier than ever! Want to take a deeper look at each lesson? Go ahead and send yourself a copy of this course here!

Stackable Lesson Scenario

Customer Service How to Process a Return

Like I mentioned earlier, there are countless ways to create immersive learning experiences in Rise 360. This customer service training by Nicole Legault shows just how easy it is to combine multiple block types to simulate real-life situations. 

This course shows the learner how to process a return. First, text and image blocks introduce the characters to learners. 

Throughout this lesson, the learner must answer questions using different block types to address different parts of the return process. For example, learners must determine the first thing the customer service representative should do by responding to this multiple choice knowledge check question.

Then, learners discover the different items the customer wants to return via a four-column grid block. 

From there, the learner can select which items can be returned in the multiple response block.  

Another thing that stands out in this example is the creative use of the continue block. 

Instead of leaving the default button text, the author customized it to spell out the next stage of the process, making the return process clear. 

This course showcases so many creative ways to use different block types to create scenarios. Want to take a deeper look at this project? Go ahead and send yourself a copy of this course here!

In Summary

I hope these examples inspire you to use Rise 360 block types in new ways to create your own custom scenarios. And if you’ve already created some unique and inspiring examples in Rise 360, please share a link to your e-learning course in the comments section below! 

For tips on how to create effective branching scenarios, check out these resources:

Want to start creating your own scenarios in Rise 360, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments. 

Be the first to comment