In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to build beautiful e-learning courses quickly in Articulate Presenter 360 using professionally-designed Content Library 360 slide templates.
Watch this video demonstration, then follow the activities below to practice.
- Create a new PowerPoint file and save it on your local computer.
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon and click Content Library 360.
- Use the filters on the left side of the template browser to find some slides you'd like to use in your course.
- Ctrl+click to select multiple slides at the same time, then click the Insert Slides button in the lower right corner to add them to your course.
Easy, right? After importing slide templates into your course, you can edit them like any other slides in PowerPoint.
Tip: Slide templates will automatically adjust to fit your PowerPoint slide size. In most cases, you won't need to make any changes after importing a template, but if you're using an extreme-widescreen or portrait layout, you might need to resize some objects to fit properly.
Now let's customize the slide templates we just added by changing the theme colors.
- Shift+click the slides you imported in the previous activity to select them all at the same time.
- Then go to the Design tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Variants drop-down gallery, scroll to Colors, and choose a different theme. (If you're using PowerPoint 2010, go to the Design tab, click Colors, and choose a theme.)
Notice that all the slides you imported automatically update with the new theme colors—even if you imported slides from different templates. Brilliant!
By using your own branded theme colors, you can make any Content Library 360 template match your corporate guidelines with just a few clicks.
You can also customize Content Library 360 templates by applying your own theme fonts.
- Shift+click the slides you imported from the Content Library 360.
- Go to the Design tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Variants drop-down gallery, scroll to Fonts, and choose a different theme. (If you're using PowerPoint 2010, go to the Design tab, click Fonts, and choose a theme.)
In this tutorial, you learned how to add Content Library 360 slide templates to a Presenter 360 course and quickly customize them by switching theme colors and fonts.
In the next tutorial, you’ll record narration and synchronize animations.