Import PowerPoint presentations into Storyline 360 to leverage existing content. It's a great way to speed up course development, especially if subject matter experts are drafting content for you in a program familiar to them (i.e., PowerPoint).
Tip: Most PowerPoint features are supported in Storyline, but some aren't. See this article for details.
- First, do any of the following:
- Click Import on the Storyline start screen and select Import PowerPoint.
- Go to the File tab on the ribbon, scroll to Import, and click PowerPoint.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, scroll to Import, and choose PowerPoint.
- Go to the Slides tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, and choose PowerPoint.
- Browse to the PowerPoint file you want to import and click Open.
Tip: If you're importing a PowerPoint file that includes Presenter resources (such as audio), be sure the *.ppta file is located in the same folder as the PowerPoint file. Otherwise, Storyline will import only the PowerPoint slides, not the corresponding Presenter resources. (Presenter doesn't need to be installed.)
- If you opened the wrong PowerPoint file or want to select a different one, click the ellipsis button (...) in the upper right corner to browse for another file.
- Storyline will display thumbnail images for all slides in the presentation. Select the slides you want to import.
- By default, all slides will be imported unless you choose otherwise. You can tell which slides are selected by their blue outline.
- To select or deselect a slide, just click it. The blue outline will either appear or disappear to indicate its status.
- You can also click Select All or None in the upper right corner to quickly select or deselect all slides at once.
- Use the Insert into scene drop-down at the bottom of the window to choose where the PowerPoint slides should appear in your course. You can insert them into a new scene, which is the default option, or you can choose an existing scene. If you choose a new scene, use the Scene field to give it a name.
- Click Import to complete the process.
Tip: If your presentation includes Quizmaker quizzes or Engage interactions and you encounter an error message that one or more of them can't be found, see this article for solutions.