If you’re like most course designers, you have a dozens (maybe hundreds) of bookmarks for writing and editing. That makes sense because text is still the most popular visual communication element.
I recently found a new resource guide for punctuation. The site is called The Punctuation Guide and it’s a wonderful resource for teaching punctuation.
The Punctuation Guide
I like how the guide has an app-like feel. The navigation, rollovers, and layout would work really well for a non-linear e-learning course.
The only thing missing is a practice component. I wish there were some activities for users to test and practice punctuation skills. Thankfully, our community is always on the lookout for e-learning challenge ideas. And that’s what this week’s challenge is all about!
Challenge of the Week
This week your challenge is to design a learning interaction that teaches one or more concepts around punctuation.
You can use Storyline, Studio ‘13, or PowerPoint to create your challenge entry.
- The Purdue OWL: Punctuation
- Punctuation Rules
- Grammatical relationship between emoticons and punctuation
- The Oatmeal: Grammar
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Twitter: If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
- Facebook: Share your work on our Facebook page by replying to this Facebook post with a link to your example.
Last Week’s Challenge:
Wishing you a playfully punctuated week, E-Learning Heroes!
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.