Audio Interviews: Share Your Tips for Creating Effective E-Learning Portfolios #138
Audio Tips for E-Learning Portfolios #138: Challenge | Recap
Challenge of the Week
This week your challenge is to record your answers to the following interview questions on designing a successful e-learning portfolio:
- Tell us a little about yourself. How did you get started in e-learning? How long have you been in the industry?
- Tell us about your e-learning portfolio. What types of projects do you include in your portfolio? How often do you update your portfolio?
- If you don’t have an e-learning portfolio, talk a little about why you don’t have one. Is something holding you back? Do you need help with something?
- Do you have more than one portfolio? How do you optimize your portfolio for different clients or audiences?
- What do you think makes a good online portfolio? What should and shouldn’t be included in an e-learning portfolio?
- What do you think clients or companies look for in an e-learning portfolio?
- What platform or technology did you use to build your e-learning portfolio?
- What’s the most challenging part about building, designing, or maintaining portfolios?
- How do you handle confidentiality issues with projects in your portfolio?
- What are your top three tips for users looking to build their first e-learning portfolio?
Recording and Sharing Your Podcasts
Formats: Save each audio clip as its own file. Use a naming convention that makes it easy to identify each audio file with the corresponding question. You can use numbers (1-11) or any format that works best for you.
Recommendation: SoundCloud was the tool of choice in our last challenge. You can set up a free account where you can post your clips. If you’d like us to host your clips, post a .zip file of your audio files and we'll happily upload them for you.
Extra credit: After recording your audio clips, post a summary of your answers on your own blog or in the forums.
Extra extra credit: For the overachievers in the community, try video recording your answers like folks did in the webcam video challenge.
Check out our previous podcast and webcam interview challenges:
Last Week’s Challenge:
Before you rush off to your recording studio, check out the classic e-learning board games your fellow challenges shared over the past week:
E-Learning Board Games #137: Challenge | Recap
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.