Engage 360 format text/paragraph spacing

Jan 18, 2021

I'm using Engage 360 and want to format text on a slide. None of the line spacing options work. The box appears to take the changes that I want to make but when I select OK, nothing changes.

Am I doing something wrong?

15 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello, Ann. Thanks for writing in!

If a feature in an app doesn't work correctly, I typically recommend a simple repair. Here are the steps for Studio 360:

If that doesn't fix the formatting snag, could you share an affected .intr file with us? Simply use this upload link. We're eager to find what's causing this!

Ben Krupa

I have the same problem and reinstalling didn't fix it. After reinstalling, I created a new Folders interaction and added two lines of text. None of the options in the paragraph dialog box work. I can select anything I want in the dialog, but when I click OK, nothing changes. When I reopen the dialog, all the changes I made are gone. I tried placing my cursor in the middle of the line, selecting the entire line, selecting multiple lines, placing my cursor at the beginning of the line, and placing my cursor at the end of the line. No difference.

Since this is a brand new file created immediately after a reinstall, I don't think it's a file problem. The Paragraph dialog doesn't work in any of my interaction files, old or new, of any type. But I attached the sample .intr as you requested of the original poster.

Lauren Connelly

Hello InfoPros 1!

I am happy to help! It sounds like you can't edit the text in your Engage interaction. I've opened your file in Engage 360 and was able to make changes to the text. Here's a 30-second look at my test.

If you've imported an Engage 360 interaction in Presenter 360 or Storyline 360, then you can only make changes to interaction in Engage 360.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

Ann Slaunwhite

Hi there,

Those text edit functions work fine. You need to go into the paragraph edit section (see image).

[cid:image001.png@01D77266.613DF500]

If you go into that section and change the spacing, nothing happens.

Regards,

Ann

[cid:image001.png@01D697D0.9DE99110]

Ann Slaunwhite, LIT
Library Technician
Hugh Bell Service Centre, Nova Scotia Hospital
298 Pleasant Street, Rm 200
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3S1
* ann.slaunwhite@nshealth.ca
* library.nshealth.ca

Ann Slaunwhite

Hi there,

Those text edit functions work fine. You need to go into the paragraph edit section (see image).

[cid:image001.png@01D77331.1662BB80]

If you go into that section and change the spacing, nothing happens.

Regards,

Ann

[cid:image001.png@01D697D0.9DE99110]

Ann Slaunwhite, LIT
Library Technician
Hugh Bell Service Centre, Nova Scotia Hospital
298 Pleasant Street, Rm 200
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3S1
* ann.slaunwhite@nshealth.ca
* library.nshealth.ca

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ann, 

Thanks for sharing the image, along with a further explanation of what you are experiencing.

Here's what I see when editing text:

Do you see this in all courses or just a specific one?

I see that Katie shared the repair solution with you above. Since then, we've had an update, so I'm curious what version of Engage 360 you're currently using. We are currently on Build 4.27.25041.0. 

Studio 360 Version History

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Lisa Spirko

Hi Lauren, I also logged this as a bug before discovering this thread. Case: 03050080. If it helps, I'm attaching my video where I demonstrate and describe the issue. 

I'm glad Articulate has already been notified and is, hopefully, working to resolve the issue. It is a significant headache for me--and probably other users here--because the only fix that I can find is to rebuild the entry from scratch (New Entry) to get the paragraph spacing back to the 0 pt default. (I don't understand how I end up with 8 pt after paragraphs, but it might be related to copy/paste from Word, except that I usually try to paste as text.)

The problem with rebuilding it from scratch is the affected entries typically are the targets of numerous links within the Engage file, and rebuilding will break all of them and make them a major headache to locate and fix. (My Engage file has almost 400 glossary entries.)

Hope you guys resolve this issue soon. It's been a problem for me and for the person who maintained this file before me for a couple of years, and I'm fed up.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lauren Connelly

Sorry for the frustration, Lisa!

Great call for submitting a case with our Support Engineers. I see that my teammate, Robert, linked your case to the bug report so that we can reach out to your directly with an update. I appreciate you including a screen recording. I've attached this to the bug report too. 

As he shared, we froze development for Studio 360, so we won’t make any significant changes to Engage 360 as we advance. We’ll continue to fix issues that stem from operating system upgrades, browser updates, and security vulnerabilities.