Compatibility of Articulate Studio 360 and MS Office 365

Nov 01, 2021

I am having an issue publishing something in Powerpoint 365 using Articulate Studio 360 (desktop app).  It will publish, but will not allow me to choose a format, as it does in Powerpoint 2016.  I am required to use HTML 5, but there is no option to choose that.  What am I supposed to do?  How am I supposed to get to the formats that are/were located in the Properties section when trying to publish an item?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Becca Levan

Hi Jill!

Office 365 installed locally (desktop apps) are compatible with Studio 360 —Supported versions of Microsoft Office. As long as you are utilizing the software locally and not just the online portion, everything should be fine with Office 365. 

HTML5 is the default now when publishing to Web, so that would explain why you're not seeing an option to select it.

I hope that helps — let me know if I'm missing the mark here!

Jill Hagelin

Thank you for replying.  My first thought was that it was a default setting now.  However, when I published it and added the content to our LMS, nothing was viewable.  Therefore, I moved to my old computer that still had Office 2016 on it.  The format options were still there and I published with no problem and it was viewable in the LMS system.  I'm not sure why this would be happening.