100% to complete and measure Pre-Post knowledge

May 04, 2023

Hi, 

I have created this template for all 5 topics of a course:

1. Intro
  2. Topic 1 questions 1+2+3
  3. If all succeed > topic 1 complete & go to Topic 2
  4. If one fails > go to Topic 1 course content then back to the SAME questions (reset content)

Same for Topic 2, 3 etc.

Course completion is based on completing all 5 topics with 100% success.

This works using triggers and individual question slides inside the course

I need to measure the stuff that has been learnt, so to find the following info:

for EACH individual question:

• first attempt right / wrong
  • second attempt right / wrong
  • third attempt right / wrong

Could you help me figure this out?

Config is Scorm 2004 or 1.4

Thanks for your help!

3 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Pierre,

Great question! I understand that you would like to know if there is a way to track the number of attempts it takes to get a question correct. I'd be happy to get you some information about that.

The number of question attempts isn't data that Storyline reports but it looks like another user has done this with Javascript.

I would love to know if the E-Learning Heroes community has any suggestions for you to get this done.

Thanks for reaching out!

Pierre Aulagne

Hi John, and thanks for replying.

This is all about achieving the following:

1. PRE test 10 questions (require 100% to pass) and save score whatever happens next in POST
  2. If PRE is failed, offer 2 training paths:
    1. show only the relevant slides to train the viewer (slides linked to failed Q.)
    2. show all slides
  3. POST test (only on viewed topics = failed from PRE) - 100% required to pass
  4. Reporting: at individual AND question level: PRE and POST score (Bob Q1 Pre score / Bob Q2 Post Score...)

We're using SABA LMS.

Is there a plan to develop such template that would be the best option for learners please?

Thank you!