360 imagage does not work on tablet with edge as browser

Jan 17, 2024

I have imported 360 images to my course. If you open the course with egde as a browser on a tablet, 360 images do not work. Works with Chrome and Firefox. I have a Samsung tablet

3 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Christer!

Sorry to hear you've run into this snag when viewing a course on mobile with Microsoft Edge!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can look into this issue further. They would be happy to test the behavior using devices similar to your Samsung tablet. You should be hearing from them shortly!

We can continue troubleshooting through your case to help keep all information in one spot.

Christer Andersson

Hello Steven.

I got help from the support. Here is their answer:

To troubleshoot the issue, I created a new project using the latest Storyline 360 Build 3.83.31444.0. I inserted a 360-degree image and published it for Review 360. We tested it and found that 360-degree image works on Microsft Edge browser running on ROG5, Android 13. We also tested it on Microsoft Edge (beta) and it's also working.

However, when we tried enabling the Desktop View, it stopped working. We cannot drag the 360-degree image.

Can you please check if your Microsoft Edge is switched to "Desktop View"? If yes, please turn it off and see if it will now work for you. 

My browser on my tablet was set on desk top view. When I turned it off, everything worked as usual.

So once again thanks for the help.

Best Regards

Christer