360° Images Master slide elements not showing

Mar 12, 2022

Is there any way to use master slides when working with 360° images?

Currently, in my Storyline 360 (V. 3.61) the content on the master slides does not show on top of the 360° images.

The master slide content is however visible BEHIND the 360 images.

5 Replies
Andrea Koehntop

Hi Ruan! I understand that you would like to get your content on the master slide to appear on top of the 360 images. I'd like to see what you have created.

Could you upload the slide publicly if you are comfortable in this thread, or upload your file privately to us? We will delete it from our files when we are done reviewing it. 

Rúan du Plessis

In the .story file attached is a single slide with the master slide applied.

On the base layer is a 360° image. I resized it so you can see the master slide components at the top of the slide (menu button, etc). I'd prefer to have the 360° image full size with the master slide showing on top.

When you preview this file there is a marker that will take you up the creek to another 360° image. That image is full size and you'll notice the top menu is not visible anymore. 

Try and resize the 350 images and let me know what it looks like for you. I appreciate your feedback.

Andrea Koehntop

Hi Ruan! Thank you for sharing the story file with me.

There are two workarounds you could try to see the image with the master slide on top.

1. Add the menu to the slide itself instead of the master slide.

2. Put the menu on a layer on the slide master. Here's a similar discussion on placing a slide master on top of slide content that will walk you through how to do that. 

Please let me know if either of those two workarounds helped you!

Tomasz Kowalczyk

Why there is no such a feature in Storyline 360 - Master Slide Content on Top?

I am struggling with master slides right now. Animated menu. Everything is fine if the standard slide is not using any image of the whole size. Then the menu is not showing. It is covered by the image. All the magic tricks don't work. The truth is that this specific feature is highly needed.

Even in captivate, you have a tick: Master slide content is always on top. ;)

The links shared by the support doesn't solve anything. It just doesn't work.