Articulate 360 only publishing the first slide to word

Sep 25, 2018

When I publish to word, articulate 360 is only publishing the 1st slide.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kiki,

That's not something I've seen before, so I'd love to take a look at your .story and .doc files! Also, can you check what update of Storyline 3 you're using, the latest is Storyline 3, build 3.5.16548.0.  

If you're able to share those files here you can upload using the Add Attachment button. 

Katie Riggio

Oh no, Carol. So sorry you're hitting a snag when trying to publish to Word!

As a first step, I would give Storyline 360 a repair since this is affecting multiple files. Let me know if that makes a difference! Also, can I confirm that you're working and publishing on a local hard drive?

If we're still stuck after that, could you share your .story file with me by using this upload link? I'm happy to try publishing it for you! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jill,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're experiencing an issue publishing to Word with every Storyline 360 project.

Do you have Microsoft Office 365 installed locally? Unfortunately, the web version is not compatible.

I'd like you to share one of your .story project files with our support engineers to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Eveline Holmes

Hi

I too am having difficulty publishing with notes.  If I publish without the notes, I get all the slides no problem.  If I publish with the notes ticked, I only get the first slide and, even though there are notes attached, I don't get any notes showing up on the system.  A colleague is experiencing the same thing.  

I'm using Storyline 360 and have the latest version downloaded.  We use Microsoft Office 365 and it is installed on my PC. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Eveline and Jill,

I've checked for support cases for all users posting here, but no one has reached out. Therefore, I do not have any additional information outside of what has been shared here.

Originally you mentioned that this issue was happening to all of your projects, Jill, but it sounds like that's no longer the case. Also, your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Eveline, you mentioned notes, so I'm curious if that may be the missing link in the conversation.

You may find that publishing a Storyline course to Microsoft Word ends unexpectedly without completing if your course includes slide notes. This can occur if you're using Word 2010 or 2013 with custom File Block Settings.

Publishing to Microsoft Word Ends Unexpectedly

I would be happy to look at your project file to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it publicly here or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Eveline Holmes

Paul, this ended up being a Window's issue rather than a Storyline one.  This solved it for me:

• In Windows, open Settings
    Click Time & Language
    Click Language
    On the right side under "Related Settings" click Administrative Language Settings
    Under the Administrative Tab click "Change System Locale" (requires admin rights)
    Ensure that the box labeled "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" is unchecked
    Reboot if asked when changing this setting

Hope it works for you!