Background music

Oct 26, 2021

Hello everyone,
I am new to the Articulate program. I work as an explainer video animator and lately I often get requests for interactive explainer videos. So far I've worked with Adobe Captivate and often something didn't work properly, and on one computer it works on one no, or it doesn't work at all etc ... Yesterday I came across ArticulateStoryline and I was amazed by the ease and intuitiveness of the program. I managed to recreate the project in just a few hours, fantastic! BUT then it was the music's turn and that's where I ran into a dead end. I need one song to go in a loop all the time and nothing more. I searched almost all topics on this topic but without success. I'm not a programmer but I can rewrite a couple of lines of code but it doesn't work. The post posted by Emily Ruby only works in IE, while in Chrome and Edge it doesn’t. Please help, I know it's not rocket science, this task but I really need to learn what the problem is and how to solve it effectively. I am very sorry that this is the 55th post on the topic of backround music.
All the best
Boris

5 Replies
Bruno Forêt Deleau

Hello Boris, it's a quite easy to add a music loop in Storyline.

What I do is  :

1- create a new layer where I insert the music loop

2 - add 2 triggers for this objet within the new layer. "Play the audio file when the layer's chronology starts" AND "Play the audio file when the audio file is finished" (it creates the loop).

3- add a trigger on the main layer : "view the new layer when the slide's chronology starts".

That's all ;-)

I hope it will help.