Background music through entire Storyline 360 video

Jun 20, 2018

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a way to play a single audio track through an entire video. I've created a screen recording demo that shows how to complete a short task. Think of it as a 'Show me'I'd like to play background music across the entire video. I only see an option to insert audio on a per-slide basis rather than across the entire story. Apologies if my question was answered in another discussion.

Pinned Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hello, Everyone! ✨

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.79.30834.0).

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

12 Replies
Marco Lara

And how can i let te user decide to level up, down or turn off the audio? also in my Project i'm gonna includes some videos with sound, so i need to turn off the music in some slides. Now how can i control this preferences? Incredible that storyline has a lot of opportunities, and still have won award for the best program for E-Learning. Many things that can not be done directly from the program, it helps enough that there is a community that gives us tricks, but currently there are programs like Captivate that if they have these options without the need to resort to tricks.

Designs Online

I agree that this would be a wonderful feature. Many customers want background music added, even when there is voiceover. It would be particularly helpful to be able to adjust the volume on our end (as the developers) of one main piece of background music.

In the meantime, it seems easiest to add it to the HTML or publish as a video and edit in After Effects or Camtasia - for now. :)

Michele Micha

Hi, I am trying to add background music to a Storyline file but unfortunately this trick isn't working - the audio isn't playing. This is what I did:  

1. published the storyline 360 file (used the Web setting) 

2. copied the .wav file into the published folder at the same level as story_html5.html 

3. opened the story_html5.html file and add the following code right before </body>: 

<audio src="song.wav" preload="auto" autoplay loop></audio>

4. Ran the story_html5.html file. The audio isn't playing for me though? 

The track is about 2 minutes long, but the module is longer and interactive... so not a set length. I assume the audio should start immediately and keep looping? 

Thanks! 

Michele

Rodrigo Sugahara

I know it's been a long time and you probably already solved this issue, but if not...

Modern browsers block automatic media play for security reasons. Meaning you'll have to allow the user to interact before a media starts playing.

Last time I had this issue, I created a "Start" button in the first slide and used javascript to start playing the background music.

Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we've included is: 

• Create immersive experiences with continuous background audio that sets the tone and keeps learners engaged.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

Luciana Piazza

Hello, Everyone! ✨

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.79.30834.0).

In this update, we have an enhancement where:

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day!