Blurry Images

Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

I already know that there are many posts on this issue, but as I still can't fix my problem, I have decided to write a post.

Most of the images that I uploaded on Storyline are blurry or fuzzy. Those images have texts and are screenshots from software.

Any tips to improve the image quality? The original image quality is good and crystal clear.

Thanks in advance for your comments :)

14 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Joane,

One of the more common causes of blurry images in a Storyline 360 course is mismatch between the resolution of the added image and the slide size of the project. The media library will give you a quick overview of the resolution of the images that you have in your course. You can also check out the article below to see our list of best practices to avoid the loss of media quality:

If the resolution of your images isn't too far off from the size of your slides, would you be willing to upload a copy of your project file here so we can take a look at what's happening? 

Gina Kiss

Respectfully, the previous version did not cause the blurry images or text issue. The recommendation above may assist with some images, but I also continue to have blurry header lines and these are non-resized text boxes.  I did attempt image resize to original on the attachment with no change

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

hi,
there is/was a (known) error with PNG without alpha channel, which was fixed with version storyline 3.63

April 20, 2022 (Build 3.63.27628.0)

Fixed: We improved how Storyline 360 handles images during import and in the published output, resulting in crisper images.

the error was the wrong import of PNG images (without alpha channel)

PNG -> import (as lossy jpg) -> publish as PNG (with alpha channel) in decreased quality

how to test -> test_image.story:

export '2022-06-14_144527.png' from the media library and test the file on

https://www.metadata2go.com/

result:

=> quality of all PNG images is (jpg) lossy !!!

there was no problem with PNG with alpha channel

there is no easy fix for 'old' projects - you have to re-import all affected PNG

Jürgen

ps: before the fix it was only possible to extend png with an (empty) alpha channel and then import it in storyline