Cannot import a PPT file -- no way, no how!
I'm in the first stages of a PowerPoint to Storyline conversion project for a client, and trying to something I've done without trouble many times before--import a PowerPoint into Storyline using the Import PowerPoint dialog.
Every attempt results in a "Failed import PowerPoint presentation" message.
Here are some things I've tried:
- Confirming/completing each item on the list given at the page linked in the error message: https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-Storyline-360-Failed-to-Import-PowerPoint-Presentation, including "repairing" my Microsoft Office installation.
- Uninstalling all my Storyline apps; reinstalling Storyline 3.
- Asking a remote colleague to try importing the original PPT using his SL360 installation. (He got the same error message.)
- Importing several different PPT files, each from different eras and versions of PowerPoint.
- Importing different PPTs into Storyline 2, Storyline 3, and Storyline 360.
- Rolling back to the early May 2019 version of Storyline 360 from the latest update.
- Opening a blank Storyline file and importing into that. Starting from the opening screen and using the Import dialog. (Neither workflow works.)
- Moving the PPT from a folder to my desktop, and restarting the whole computer.
In short, I've tried just about everything I can think of and unfortunately, I still can't import a PPT to Storyline.
I hope that Articulate can offer some insight here!