Downloading From Articulate Review back to Storyline 360

Aug 28, 2017

Is there any easy way to bring a presentation back from Review to Storyline 360?  I've accidentally save over top of my Storyline file with another presentation. 

Pinned Reply
Michael Marcos

Hello Laura, everyone,

Storyline just received a new update today which includes a new feature called Cloud Backup. This means that from this version onwards, any Storyline course you publish to Review can be backed up to the cloud. Pair this with the just recently released Team Folders feature and now you can easily share Storyline project files with your team. No need to upload to a third party vendor.

This also opens the door to be able to keep keep different versions of your course, and access them from anywhere with your Articulate 360 account. 

Read more about the feature here

39 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Mary! 

There isn't a way to unpublish a course from Review. You'll need the actual project file itself in order to make any edits to the content.

However, there may still be an older version of your file on your computer in your temp files! Here's how to check: 

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the version closest to before you overrode it.
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Let me know how that goes!

p-didakt Produktion [1]

Hey there. I've had the same question because I'm looking for a way to collaborate with a client. It would be great if I could upload the file and use Articulate Review to collect comments. But I also want them to be able to download the project file afterwards. 

Another example of collaboration would be if they need support during their own producing process: We thought that they could upload their Storyline File, so that I can download and check it quickly to help them out when their stuck.

Is there a way to do this in SL360?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jessica,

That isn't yet an option in Articulate 360 - but they could share the Review link with you and include a download link for a .story file that they've shared via Dropbox, Droplr, or similar tools. I also haven't tested attaching a .story file directly into a Review comment attachment - but depending on size of your file, you could give that a try! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Marcia,

We don't have an option to download a published Storyline course from Review, but if you published a new version of it you should be able to see the earlier versions from the top drop-down menu. 

We'll keep folks posted if that's a feature which is added, seems like it'd help a few people! 

Amanda Brunk

I also made this same mistake. I saved over my Storyline file with something else. I can find the file in Review but no option for me to bring it back to Storyline. I did check to see if I could find any other version of the file but no such luck.

This would be very helpful if this feature was added. Thanks.

Katie Riggio

Hi, Tammy. Thanks for adding your voice, and sorry to hear of this roadblock!

We'll take this valuable context into consideration as we prioritize and plan for future enhancements. If we add this feature in a future update of Review 360, we promise to keep everyone here updated. 

We don't want you losing your hard work, so our Support team is ready to help. Feel free to connect with them here

Philip Roy

I can't imagine there would ever be a technical way for Articulate to turn uploaded content back to a Storyline file, because of how different they are...but I know that when you publish Adobe Captivate content to an Adobe Connect server, there is an option to include (upload) the original source file (the Captivate project file) along with it.

I know having the option to include a copy of the Storyline project would increase storage space, but I'd personally be willing to publish less versions of my projects in lieu of space for the source file.

Alden Michels

I corrupted my storyline file by following guidance in these forums.  I can no longer edit my storyline and will have to start from scratch.  This should be a feature or you should at least put some kind of warning before telling users to open their files in notepad willy nilly.  That was several days of work.