How to collect survey results in LMS when using Storyline 360 to build a course?

Mar 24, 2022

Hi,

I use Storyline 360 to build a course.  It is a survey and has two options (yes or no).  I would like to collect this result in LMS.  I would like to know how to do it. 

Choose insert "Survey question" or "pick up one" in Storyline 360? And how to set up "Result slide" and "tracking" information?

8 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Vicky,

Since you want the answer to a survey question, insert a Survey "pick one" question (not a graded question).

To track the answer, you'll also need to insert a Survey Results slide. That's needed so the program sends the survey info to the LMS. 

Note: The Survey Results slide is created with some default items. You can edit all that the content as desired.

Every LMS has its own functions and setups, so work with your LMS folks to determine how to pull the results.

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Vicky.

Thank you for sharing your screenshot!

Your quiz settings look good, and it should work on your LMS. However, as Judy mentioned, every LMS has its own specific options. My initial recommendation would be to test it in SCORM Cloud, and make sure the answer is being reported:

I hope this helps!

Steven Benassi

Hi Michelle!

It sounds like you had questions about the backend reporting of quiz data between a course and an LMS. Happy to help!

I created a short survey with 3 questions, and a Results slide. I published it to LMS (SCORM 2004) and uploaded it to SCORM Cloud. I tested the behavior by refreshing the page after each question was submitted.

As you can see, my submissions were logged (by the LMS test environment) at 0.46 seconds, 1min 9sec, & 1min 22sec. So, generally, the answers will be submitted to the LMS as the learner progresses through them.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Joshua, 

No, these survey responses will not be anonymous. Here's an article on which learner data will get sent to your LMS: 

Since you're hosting your content on an LMS, the level of anonymity will depend on the LMS. If your LMS can allow learners to take quizzes without entering personal data, then the survey responses will be anonymous.