Lightbox issue SL 360 released on 21 June 2022

Jul 03, 2022

Hi all,

As the title of this discussion suggests I am using the latest update for SL 360 (Build 3.65.28121.0). Upon upgrading to this update, the light-box slides in my project seem to create a new issue. After playing around for some time I came to a conclusion that it must be a bug in the latest update. Below is the issue explained and the steps to reproduce the same.

For this entire activity, I am using only the keyboard to navigate and interact with course material.

On Slide 1 - which is supposed to be an animation-only slide I use the tab key to bring the focus to the next button and hit enter key to go to the next slide.

On slide two there is a button that opens a lightbox slide, with the keyboard again I interacted with this button and opened the lightbox.

Upon closing the lightbox by using available buttons (again using the keyboard) I came back to slide two and tabbed the focus to the next button and navigated to the next slide.

Until this point, everything is working as expected, but from slide three the focus is not moving beyond the "Accessibility controls" button, if this button is removed focus does not go beyond the "Volume control" button.

So after opening the lightbox focus does not move beyond these buttons from the next slide onwards. If I skip opening the lightbox everything works well with the keyboard.

I am attaching the dummy source file and published package as well for reference.

8 Replies
John Morgan

Hello everyone!

Good news! Today, we just released Storyline 360 Update 67 (Build 3.67.28569.0) which includes a fix where the previous and next buttons can be accessed using keyboard navigation after interacting with a lightbox.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case.