Matching Drag and Drop Question: Reset Choice and Match Options
Jan 27, 2021
I have a Matching Drag and Drop question configured to reset the 'Choice' and 'Match' options to their original state when the user tries again (attempts set to 2). It's working fine per the 2 triggers I configured on my 'Try Again' layer:
- Add 1.00 to my number-based variable when timeline starts (initial variable state set to zero, trigger is at the top of the trigger stack).
- Jump to slide pointing to this same question slide.
As I said, it's all working fine:
- If correct on first attempt, 'Correct' layer appears. Can advance to next slide.
- If incorrect on first attempt ('Try Again' layer appears), and correct on second attempt, 'Correct' layer appears. Can advance to next slide.
- If incorrect after 2 attempts, 'Incorrect' layer appears. Can advance to next slide.
The issue I'm experiencing centers on the second attempt. The 'Choice' and 'Match' options do indeed reset (the interlocking boxes separate awaiting the learner to drag-and-drop again for their second attempt) BUT when I again drag-and-drop, other 'Match' options jump/move and become obscured by the 'Match' option I just dragged-and-dropped. It's a bit difficult to convey the issue without showing you so I attached a short video of the issue.
I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if so, is there a fix?
I'm using Storyline 360 v3.47.23871.0 running on Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.746.
Thanks in advance, gang. Always appreciate the feedback. :-)