New Replace fonts update in storyline 360

Dec 13, 2016

The latest update includes a new feature, has anybody found where this is hidden ?

Quickly replace one font for another throughout your project. Choose the font you want to replace and the font you want to use instead, and Storyline 360 will swap out every instance of the font for you.

I've looked at the picture on the release notes but cannot seam to find it.

14 Replies
Brad Goertz

I used replace fonts to get rid of the non-standard fonts that another developer had used, but it did not replace the fonts within the markers included in the course. I have 360 but it was a course I had to upgrade when I opened it for the first time, if that makes a difference in troubleshooting. I wanted to replace Myriad Pro with Arial.

Fraser Gordon

I have a small issue with this feature as it is currently implemented. I ran into a project from another developer where I got the warning that there was a missing font "#". Neither of us knew what that font was, why it got in there, or even where that font existed in the project, so I used the replace mechanism to replace it with something else.

Unfortunately, I don't know WHERE this was in the content, so choosing an appropriate replacement font was guesswork, and the Replace Fonts feature doesn't show you where the fonts occur, or even how many occurrences were replaced. I would have expected this feature to work similarly to the "Find/Replace" options in many word processing applications - cycling through occurrences of a given font, and giving me the option to choose which ones to replace, and with what font.

Would this be a possible enhancement for Storyline?

Sonal Kapoor

Hi 

I have a similar issue am trying to replace GTHaptik fonts with Arial in Storyline 3 as it throws up a missing fonts error message.

I was able to replace 4 versions of the GTHaptik font ie. Medium, Reg etc in the course with Arial and it worked however there is one GTHaptikBold font that refuses to go away despite replacing it several times. It appears in red and gives out the missing fonts error message.

Can anyone help me resolve this issue

Regards,

Sonal

Lauren Connelly

Hi Sonal!

We are happy to help resolve this issue with you! It sounds like the issue is specifically with the GTHaptikBold font. Is this only happening in the project you're working on? Have you tried using this font in another project and replacing it with Arial?

If you could provide your .story file, that would be helpful too! You can share it with our team privately in a support case.