Pass result and content of a multiple choice question to a variable in Storyline 360

Jun 02, 2019

Hi,

Is there any function or way in Storyline 360 that allows me to pass the result (true or false) and content of students' answer in a multiple choice question to a variable? Normally, with short answer questions, Storyline automatically assigns text entry to a variable but I don't see this multiple choice question. So, I have to manually set the valuable to True or False and the content of the option when student click a Radio Button like this: 

assign the result to the variable in each button

I need variable with the assigned content because I have relay it to an independent learning record store, so I need as much detail as possible.  Hopefully, I don't have to do this for every question of hundreds of multiple choice questions that I am working on!

Thank you very much. 

3 Replies
minh duc

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I can do that but is there any quick way to assign result of a quiz (multiple choice for example) to a variable so I can pass it to my LRS in a custom way? With short-answer question, it is done automatically by Storyline 360. But with multiple choice question, I am assigning results and content of the answer manually. 

Fiona Macelli

I'm trying to do something similar: show the learner a Pick Many quiz question (ideally the built-in ones, but if not, custom build it), and extract the content of the choices they've selected as text variables. This is the closest forum post I could find to what I'm trying to accomplish. 

I can imagine some custom ways that I could make this work, but all are pretty time consuming.

It would be nice to be able to grab the data that would be exported using xAPI, but use it in the course itself. Surely there is a hidden variable containing the text of the selected question choices running somewhere in the background, otherwise how could this appear in an xAPI output? If I could grab this text and display it on a page later in the course, that would be ideal. 

Any suggestions?