Project.TotalSlides variable displaying incorrect number in Storyline 360 file (total slide numbers incorrect)

Mar 30, 2020

Hi there,

I am using the built-in variables to list slide numbers in my course.

At the bottom of each slide, I am using the text box:

%Project.SlideNumber% of %Project.TotalSlides%

There are a total of 39 slides. I excluded a few slides and the quiz block and would like it to show a total of 31 slides (please see Exclude Slides.png).

When I view the slide in slide view, the text box displays slide 1 of 31 total slides (see slide view 1 of 31.png attached). But when I publish the course, it changes and shows 1 of 37 total slides (preview view 1 of 37.png). It was working earlier. We had to add 2 slides which increased our slides from 29 to 31. Now it isn't working.

My quiz bank contains six slides, but none of them are being referenced so they should not be counted. I am using the Scene.SlideNumber variable to count the quiz slides.

I know it must be something obvious but I don't see it. I tried resetting the excludes slides settings, replacing the variables, and replacing the text box, it still didn't fix itself. 

Thank you for your help,

Maureen

9 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you're running into! It sounds like the quiz bank slides are still being included in the preview count. Have you tried publishing to Review 360 just to see if it changes?

Are you comfortable with sharing your .story file for testing? You can share it publicly here, or privately with our support engineers. We'll delete it when we nail down what's going on!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Maureen,

I took a look at your case and I see where Christopher escalated this for further investigation. I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur. I do not have an update to share at this time, but I've attached this conversation to the report so that any updates we do have can be shared here.