Replacing the "Loading" screen in Review 360

Jan 04, 2023

I recall attending an ELH webinar (though I can't remember which) where Dave Anderson showed us how to replace that dark "loading screen" in Review 360 with an image from the first Storyline course screen. The thumbnail in Review shows properly, but you get that dark screen with the Play button once you click the thumbnail/tile. Unfortunately, I can't remember the technique Dave showed. Any ideas? I tried to add a new first slide with no actions except auto-advancing to the "real" title slide after 0.5 seconds (timeline), but that didn't work. Not a show-stopper, but it seemed like a good technique when Dave demo'd it. I couldn't find any direct answers on Articulate or ELH so I am hoping someone else will remember. Thanks, in advance.

7 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hello Randy! Great question about loading screens in Review 360!

So the learners see a play button at the start of their course when a media file (audio or video) is present in the very first slide. To remove this, you can:

However with the workaround applied, you still have to interact with the slide first before any audio or media file plays. This is due to the autoplay policy present in Chromium browsers that prevent media files from automatically playing.

If you would like to upload your project file  we can take a better look.

Thanks for reaching out!

Randy Grant

Math -

Thank you. This was very helpful and worked. There are four choices offered in this menu (see attached image). Initially, I chose "First Slide." but the image was relatively small (I was looking for something "seamless" with the actual first slide. I created an EMF (screen capture with SnagIt), but the EMF didn't show up. So, I created a PNG. This worked, but I had to increase the resolution to about 2000pix wide (I don't use the Player interface). This worked well.

Again, many thanks for the suggestion.