Responsive Design with Storyline 360

Dec 30, 2023

Good day,

I'm using the 30-day trial of Articulate 360 and anticipate subscribing because I'm an Instructional Design student at my college. I'm enjoying the software so far. I was wondering if there were any good videos or courses about making what I produce responsive.

I'm taking this course on Udemy, but I don't believe that responsiveness is something that we're going to learn about, or at least it isn't the title of one of the modules.

https://www.udemy.com/course/create-elearning-courses-with-articulate-storyline-360-or-3

They can be free or paid courses - it's all good. Thank you for your time. : )

4 Replies
Louise Lindop

Hi Mark. You can't create responsive content in Articulate Storyline. Rise is great for creating responsive content, but has other limitations. The latest version of Adobe Captivate allows the creation of responsive content, so you could take a look at that if responsive content is an important factor. 

Mark Holley

Thank you! I'm disappointed because I really like Storyline and wish that you could create responsive content with it, but I'll check out Rise as well. I tried to get into Captivate but couldn't - I thought the app was weird. And this is coming from a former graphic designer with a background in Photoshop, Premiere Pro, XD, etc.

Edit: Loaded up Captivate again, getting the hang of it I guess.

Math Notermans

As others state, Articulate Storyline is not responsive. In Rise you can make responsive content, but the customization options are limited. Both Captivate and ELB Lectora can create fully responsive content. As i come from the same background as you...im sure you will love Lectora. As it uses pure HTML and CSS for everything, and is completely customizable.

PS. Alhough you cannot create responsive content in Storyline, you can make mobile content with it. Forcing you to create 2 projects, 1 for desktop and 1 for mobile, but that way you can create versions for all devices. With the limitations Storyline has though...