Storyline 360 Freezing/Unusable after adding MP4s

Dec 10, 2019

Similar to this issue https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/inserted-video , I am having an issue using the program once I add videos to my project.  After inserting the videos, SL becomes unstable and eventually crashes if I try to do anything.

The videos also show up as a grey box with "video". 

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it's doing the same thing.  Other co-workers have tried on different machines with the same result.  Any thoughts?

11 Replies
Katie Riggio

Greetings, Raleigh. So sorry you're facing those issues! 

I'd love to help investigate, and have a few quick tactics for us to try:

• Freezing/Crashing: Is this happening when you insert a video to any project file or a specific one? If with any, a simple Storyline 360 repair should help! If it's with a certain one, could you share the .story file here for me to test – you can use the Add Attachment button in your reply or use this upload link if the content is private.
  • Gray Video: I had a look at Desiree's case, where we uncovered that exporting and re-importing the affected videos did the trick. I created this short recording of the process!

Let me know how you go after those steps!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hello, Harmeet, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues when trying to insert videos in your Storyline project! Since you've already attempted to uninstall and re-install, I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf. You should hear from our team soon via e-mail. 

Raleigh Esperidion

Hi Asma,

Articulate wasn't able to help me with this issue. They referred me to our internal security team and who had to disable UAC controls on my PC to allow proper updates to Storyline.

I would reach out to your system admin and ask to disable any UAC controls to allow you to update the software.

Good luck!