Storyline 360 gets stuck on Initializing commands and won't load

Oct 13, 2023

For the last several days, I can't get Storyline 360 to load. It gets stuck on the Initializing commands screen. These are the things I've tried:

1. Restart computer

2. Uninstall and reinstall the program

3. Uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot again (suggested on a similar problem for Storyline 3)

4. Open Properties, select Run as an administrator (suggested on a similar problem for Storyline 3)

None of these have worked for me. 

My only thought is that I just got a "new" graphics card (my husband's old one when he got an upgrade). It's a much better graphics card than I had before, and it's a very common and still very good graphics card even though it's older. Could this potentially be a problem? 

Or are there other solutions that I might try? I use this for work, so not being able to load it is a huge problem.

Karen

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Karen,

Happy to help!

Since the hardware configuration of your computer has recently changed, I'd recommend doing a clean install of Articulate 360 on your machine instead of trying to repair just Storyline 360. Please follow these steps to remove all Articulate 360 files and registry keys from your computer:

1) Close the Articulate 360 desktop app by right-clicking the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (by the clock) and choosing "Quit."

2) Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all Articulate 360 apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app, Peek 360, Replay 360, Storyline 360, and Studio 360.

3) Download and extract this zip file on your computer: https://articulate-360-kb.s3.amazonaws.com/360cleanup.zip

4) Right-click the 360cleanup.bat file and choose "Run as administrator." The script should only take a few seconds to remove all the Articulate files and registry keys from your computer.

5) Reboot your computer.

6) Download the latest Articulate 360 desktop app here: https://360.articulate.com/downloads

7) Right-click the articulate-360.exe file and choose "Run as administrator."

8) Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app and click "Install" beside each authoring app you want to install.

9) Reboot your computer and test your Articulate apps.

Please let me know if the issue has been fixed. I want to make sure we get you up and running as quickly as possible.

Stephanie Keunecke

Hi, I've been encountering the same issue for a week. Thursday everything's fine and friday nothing works. Storyline shows the initialization dialogue, and then nothing happens and the dialogue is gone. There were no changes in hardware or major updates I know of. 

The IT Department followed all the steps above, but still Storyline doesn't want to start. We installed all newest updates (graphic card, Windows, drivers) and downloaded Articulate 360 (V80.31058). 

Is there anything we can do to fix this problem?

Thanks, Stephanie