Storyline 360: Location of closed caption in the player

Mar 28, 2019

Is there a way to determine where on the screen the closed caption is displayed?  All I have been able to do is have it play on top of the video.  I would like it to show up below the video.  We do software training and it doesn't always work to have the closed caption within the screen since it could end up covering something important.

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi everyone,

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 86, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we’ve included: 

• Position captions at the top or bottom of the slide to ensure closed caption visibility and prevent the obstruction of critical course content.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

33 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Magnifi Group!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share at this time as our development team has been prioritizing other features. I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

In the meantime, for your reference, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.

Eric Santos

Hi everyone,

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 86, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the new features we’ve included: 

• Position captions at the top or bottom of the slide to ensure closed caption visibility and prevent the obstruction of critical course content.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.