Storyline 360 Preview and Publish

Jun 23, 2021

Hello,

I have created three lessons in Storyline using the "Classic" player style and two of them worked perfectly when previewed and published.

The third lesson, when previewed presents the whirling circle continuously most of the time, but sometimes starts the preview immediately.

When publishing this lesson, the whirling circle is there instead of the beginning of the lesson.

What might I be doing wrong?

3 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rick.

Thank you for reaching out! Let me ask you a couple of questions to try to narrow down the issue:

• Does it happen when you preview single slides?
  • Are you working from a local hard drive? Working on a network drive can cause erratic behavior. 

Since this is only happening with one .story file, would you be comfortable sharing it either publicly here or privately through a support case?

Rick Davis

When I preview a single slide I have no problems, in fact when I select all slides and preview it works fine.
It is when I select Preview This Scene that it happens.

Yes, I am working from a local drive.

When publishing it to the Articulate Review site it worked fine, after logging in.

I managed to get the offending lesson published on our LMS with no problems yesterday, but I do not know what happened to make it work because nothing had changed.

Sorry, but since this is a company proprietary lesson I do not feel comfortable sharing it outside of Honeywell.

Best regards,

Rick Davis