Storyline 360 Retry Quiz Issue

Jan 24, 2020

In my Story, I used the built-in Retry Quiz button on the Results slide, with the built-in triggers to Reset the Results Slide, resetting only incorrect answers, and jump to the slides the learner needs to retry. This works great, but when in preview mode I get to the last incorrect question and hit submit, it shows the feedback layer, but clicking continue does not return to the results slide to let the learner continue the course, and the slide freezes. I've tried this a few different ways and it is not slide specific--just whichever slide was the last one that needed to be retaken.

Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated.

4 Replies
Kathleen Mason

I know this is an older post, but I thought I'd add a comment for anyone else who is experiencing this issue (like I was). 

Check the ordering of your triggers in your results slide (failure layer). You will probably have a Reset Results slide and also a Jump to Slide (to return learners to your quiz). The Reset Results trigger has to be ordered above the Jump to Slide trigger, otherwise, the feedback layer on the quiz is seen rather than the question.