[Storyline 360] Triggers Not Working - False Variable Changes

Oct 11, 2023

Hello Articulate 360 community. I have a bit of a headache on my hands. I have a storyline file that allows users to search other users on it by providing their alias.

The tool has 16 different profiles (separate slides) that trigger based on an aliases connection to one of them. For many months the tool worked as intended without any issues, if you searched for user XYZ it returned the correct profile slide without failure.

Since the last update it appears that any value entered in the text-entry field is triggering my variables to flip from False to True, all of them, all at once. Meaning that the profile loaded for any specific alias is often incorrect and at times completely random.

I have no idea what is going on, but has anyone else had an issue with text entry fields no longer correctly triggering true / false values?

6 Replies
AWS GDSP

Very strange... I narrowed it down to two profile pages that are causing the issue amongst all 12.

This means that no matter what text variable is entered in the text entry it always goes to either Profile 1, or Profile 2, even if the triggers and conditions do not match as written.

When I disable the triggers to set the variable to 'True' for Profile 1 or Profile 2 all other 10 profile trigger sets work correctly.

Eric Santos

Hi AWS,

I'm sorry to hear you've hit this snag, and I appreciate the troubleshooting you've already done so far!

It would be helpful if we could look closely at how the triggers are connected and how they are linked to the variables, especially on Profiles 1 and 2. Can you share your Storyline file with us so we can look at what you have set up? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done!

Walt Hamilton

The original problem is something that can happen completely at random, and is not influenced by anything (or everything.)

Are you having a problem? If so can you describe it? Was it working, and quit? Has it ever worked? Are you thinking about making one, and just wondering?

The short answer is yes, if you are making that many checks on something, it would be very easy and likely for an error to creep in.