Storyline crashes

Mar 26, 2021

When i fire up SL3 and try to insert a graded quiz slide, it crashes? I close it in task manager, re open. I can do other things like insert normal slides, but thats it.

Done the reboot, but no better.

Never happened before, i am running windows 10 and its the latest installation.

6 Replies
Alastair Steele-Leith

This is the account under which i purchased a license. The version i am having issues with is 

I know this is broken as despite an uninstall and reinstall, it still doesnt work.

Fortunately for reasons such as this i never delete earlier versions of your software. As such i have reverted to the next most recent version and that works fine.

Amazed noone else is having issues?

Alastair Steele-Leith

I dont know what is less understanding, that no member of staff has picked this up, or as you say their testing process seems not to be with it.

So this raises the concern of whether this will be fixed in their latest update or whether i should stick with what i have. Paid well over a grand for this software. Not impressed.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Alastair, 

I appreciate you sharing what you are experiencing with your Storyline 3 software and the troubleshooting that you've already done.

I've opened a support case on your behalf so that you can work 1:1 with one of our support engineers and we can understand what's happening.

It looks like Matthew may have been referring to Storyline 360, which is on a different release schedule than Storyline 3.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Alastair,

I've reviewed your case with Christopher, and we have not clearly defined this as a bug yet. Here is some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

It looks like Christopher was  unable to replicate the behavior you are reporting, so I'd recommend:

1. Providing the log files he requested.
  2. Recording a Peek 360 video of the behavior since you can replicate.