Storyline crashes

Oct 24, 2022

For me, Storyline crashes so often, that I cannot take the chance of losing work.  I therefore use a Windows utility to AUTOSAVE Storyline every 10 minutes.

My current project has several long videos in it and some functions that require publishing to web, in order to test; for this I use the Review 360 site.

My project takes 7 minutes to save every 10 minutes.  So, I effectively can only work on the file for just over 30 minutes every hour!

This would not be the case, if the save and publish routines could be done in the background.  It would also be very helpful for SL to create some sort 0f video proxy that does not need to be encoded, or saved every time the project is uploaded for testing.

Surely there must be ways that SL can be written to be more agile than it is?

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Martin, 

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to ask a few questions to help troubleshoot the behavior: 

If the crashing issue persists, and you're already working locally, reach out to our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. 

Martin dean

Hi Joe

Thanks for contacting me.

I have been working with the support team on this problem and it appears to be related to a known issue with MS Surface Pro computers and the SL - apparently related to the GPU.

I am working entirely locally.

My point in posting was to question why the application has not been modernised to avoid this sort of crash.  It is a constant concern that Storyline is not really fit for purpose.  We use it often because there is no really viable alternative.  But, it would be so much more comforting to use it because it strives to always improve and be the best it can be, 

I do not feel this is the case, sadly.  Rather I get the impression that Storyline is not being invested in and the subscribers - your customers, do not really have a voice in its future (just look at the number of 'suggestions' that have been made years ago, with no sign of ever being developed).

I remain hopeful that one day Articulate will come with a truly revised application and that we can be excited, proud and confident to use it.

Too much to hope for?

Martin